The Dance/Drill Team is exclusively for ages 11 to 18. If you are thinking about trying out for a high school dance, drill, or cheer team, or just want to improve your dance skills with fun performance opportunities, this is the team for you!
This team focuses on different dance styles:
• Hip hop
• Precision/Military Style (including Drill Downs)
Dance/Drill Team runs continuously and dancers can participate all school-year long.
This team performs at events all over the community including:
• Halftime at University of Washington basketball games
• Opening Ceremonies of the regional Special Olympics of Washington
• Bellevue Strawberry Festival
• Halftime at a Seattle Storm game
• High school Dance/Drill invitationals
• Many other community events
Dance/Drill Team is offered on Thursdays from 5:00 to 6:30pm at Highland Community Center.
The Eastside Dream Elite cheerleading program is associated with Bellevue Parks, Mercer Island Parks, Renton Parks, Kirkland Parks, Ballard Boys & Girls Club, and Redmond-Sammamish Boys & Girls Club. Try-outs are not required for any EDE teams, and all teams are non-competitive. We work hard to keep costs low for EDE participants. Scholarships for class fees are available from the respective organizations for residents who qualify. Uniform fees are not covered by those scholarships, however we make every effort to help those who wouldn’t otherwise be able to participate.